Class 11 Geography Chapter 1 India – Location
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Geography Chapter 1 India – Location, (Geography) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students solve all of the questions and maintain their studies with out a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Geography Chapter 1 India – Location
Class 11 Geography Chapter 1 India – Location
1. Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below:
Which one of the following latitudinal extent is relevant for the extent of India’s area?
(a) 8°41’N – 35°7′ N
(b) 8°4’N – 37°6′ N
(c) 8°4’N – 35°6′ N
(d) 6°45’N – 37°6′ N.
(b) 8°4’N – 37°6′ N
Which one of the following countries shares the longest land frontier with India?
Which one of the following countries is larger in area than India?
Which one of the following longitudes is the standard meridian for India?
(a) 69°30′ E
(b) 82°30′ E
(c) 75°30′ E
(d) 90°30′ E.
(b) 82°30′ E.
2. Answer the following questions in about 30 words.
Does India need to have more than one standard time? If yes, why do you think so?
Yes, I think India needs to have more than one standard time.
- There is time variation of 2 hours between Easternmost and the Westernmost parts of our country. The sun rises two hours earlier in Arunachal Pradesh as compared to Gujarat.
- This is because the earth is tilted and also it rotates in east to west direction. So while rotation, the Eastern parts of the world experiences the sun rays earlier as compared to the western parts of the world.
- Many countries like USA, Canada and Russia have more than one standard time because their longitudinal extent is large. India’s longitudinal extent is also 30° approximately. Therefore, it is advisable to use more than one standard time.
What are the implications of India having a long coastline?
The total length of Coastline is 7,516.6 km.
- India is a southward extension of the Asian continent. The trans Indian Ocean routes which connect the countries of Europe in the west and the countries of East Asia provide a strategic central location to India.
- The Deccan Peninsular protrudes into the Indian Ocean, thus helping India to establish close contact with west Asia, Africa and Europe from the Western coast and with Southeast Asia and East Asia from the Eastern coast.
- No other country has a long coastline on the Indian Ocean as India has and indeed, it is India’s eminent position in the Indian Ocean which justifies the naming of an Ocean after it.
How is the latitudinal spread of India advantageous to her?
There are three major advantages of latitudinal extent-
- Tropic of cancer (23 1/2°.) – It divides India into 2 parts. Southern part is in the tropical zone while northern part is in the temperate zone. Therefore biodiversity in India is exceptional.
- It also brings climatic diversity in India which has many advantages.
- As we move from Kannyakumari to Jammu and Kashmir duration of day and night decreases by more than 4 1/2 hours.
- We have places of all climates. It makes India a subcontinent.
While the sun rises earlier in the east, say Nagaland and also sets earlier, how do the watches at Kohima and New Delhi show the same time?
While the sun rises earlier in the east, say Nagaland and also sets earlier but the watches at Kohima and New Delhi show the same time because India follows one standard time all over its land. It is time shown at standard meridian of India. There is a general understanding among the countries of the world to select the Standard Meridian in multiples of 7° 30′ of longitude. Hence , 82°30′ E is chosen as the Standard Meridian of India and the time along the Standard Meridian of India passing through Mirzapur is taken as the Standard Time for the whole country.
Activity based on Appendix I.(Teachers may help in the exercises by explaining and getting it done by the students).
- On a graph paper, plot the number of districts in Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Meghalaya, Goa, Kerala, Haryana. Do the number of districts have some relationship with the area of the state?
- Which state amongst Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Gujarat, Arunacha! Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Rajasthan and Jammu and Kashmir is the most thickly populated and which one is the least densely populated?
- Find out the relationship between the area of the sate and the number of districts.
- Identify the states with coastal boundaries.
- Arrange the states from west to east which have only land boundary.
Activity based on Appendix II.
- List the Union Territories which have coastal location.
- How do you explain the variation in the area and population of NCT Delhi and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
- On a graph paper, draw a bar diagram to show the area and population of all the Union Territories.
NCERT Solution for Class 11 contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solution for Class 11 encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solution For Class 11 are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 11 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solution for Class 11 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 11 and all other classes.