Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Chapter 7 – The Necklace
|1. Textbook Questions|
|2. Intext Questions ( Read and Find Out )|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Chapter 7 – The Necklace, NCERT Solutions For Class 10 English Chapter 7 The Necklace in this step-by-step answer guide. In some of State Boards and CBSE schools, students are taught thru NCERT books. As the chapter comes to an end, students are requested few questions in an exercising to evaluate their expertise of the chapter. Students regularly want guidance managing those NCERT Solutions.
It’s most effective natural to get stuck withinside the exercises while solving them so that you can assist students score higher marks, we’ve provided step by step NCERT answers for all exercises of Class ten Footprints Without Feet the Necklace so you can are looking for assist from them. Students should solve those exercises carefully as questions withinside the final exams are requested from those, so these exercises immediately have an impact on students’ final score. Find all NCERT Solutions for Class ten Footprints Without Feet the Necklace below and prepare in your tests easily.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Chapter 7 – The Necklace
Class 10 English Chapter 7 – The Necklace
Think About It
1. The course of Loisel’s life changed due to the Necklace Comment .
Ans . Matilda lost Mr. Forestier’s necklace while she was dancing at the Ball . She and her husband bought a diamond necklace but had to borrow eighteen thousand francs from lenders . Both the husband and the wife led a life of misery henceforth .
A tremendous change came in the life – style of Matilda after the incident . She suffered poverty for ten years after replacing the false necklace with a genuine necklace . The Loisels had to send the maid away . They changed their lodging and rented room in an attic . Mme . Loisel did all cooking , rubbing and cleaning work . Mr. Loisel worked evening and nights . They had to suffer for ten years . Thus , a tremendous change came in the life style of Matilda after the incident .
2. What was the cause of Matilda’s ruin ? How could she have avoided it ?
Ans . Matilda was a pretty and a young lady who was always unhappy with her life due to her poverty . For the party she had borrowed the necklace . She was of showy nature and loved only delicacies . But the happiness found at the Ball did not last long . She lost the necklace of Mrs. Forestier Losing of the necklace was the cause of Matilda’s ruin . It forced them to spend their saved amount as well as to borrow eighteen thousand francs . They lived like paupers . She could have easily avoided her ruin if she had confessed the truth to Mrs. Forestier . She would not have become a physical wretch and could pay the money for her false necklace easily .
3. What would have happened to Matilda if she had confessed to her friend that she had lost her necklace ?
Ans . Matilda was the pretty wife Mr. Loisel . One day he received an invitation to dinner from the Minister of public Instructions . His wife got angry as she did not possess a good dress as well as jewellery . At her husband’s suggestion she borrowed a necklace form Mme . Forestier to go with her dress . Mme Loisel danced at the Ball and everybody praised her . She was the centre of attraction . But her happiness was short – lived as on reaching she found that her necklace was empty . They tried to find the necklace but in vain . Finally they bought a new chaplet of diamond and handed it over to Mme . Forestier . To repay the money Mme . Loisel had to cut down her expenses . She had to do all the household chores her self and looked a wretch of sixty . It was after along period of ten years when Matilda came to know that necklace was just a paste .
If Matilda had confessed before Mme . Forestier earlier , she would not have suffered so miserably . She would not have gone through such hardship and could pay the money easily for the artificial necklace .
4. If you were caught in a situation like this , how would you have dealt with it ?
Ans . If we were caught in a situation like this we would not act blindly but would rather try to find if and buts of the situation . Once such an incident occurred with my father . We were to go to a marriage . He borrowed a car from one of the relatives . But due to some misfortune an accident took place . Our car hit with the truck . It was a great shock . The car was damaged badly and were had also sustained injuries . In fact it was new car so we were really shocked . Fora day , my father could not gather courage to reveal the truth . But seeing no alternative the news had to be broken . It was so surprising to find that his friend took everything to say , ‘ Thank God , you are safe . We all heaved a sigh of relief but took a vow not to borrow again . ’
Talk About It
1. The characters in this story speak in English . Do you think this is their language ? What clues are there in the story about the language its characters must be speaking in ?
Ans . This story had truly setting of English background . The story takes place in countryside of England . The traditions and customs clearly reveal that it is English back ground .
The dishes mentioned and the dress worn by them reflect English tradition . The currency mentioned is Francs The whole setting of story gives a vivid view of the parties of Paris , its lanes and carriage . We can easily know about the life of upper class as well as common people . We can easily perceive that they might be speaking in English or French . These are the only two possible major languages spoken in the area in which the story has taken place .
2. Honesty is the best policy .
Ans . Honesty is the best policy ‘ is a very common saying . There is no doubt in saying that man’s final goal should be contentment . So for this goal a set course should be followed . People feel that in this rat – race to earn more money forgery and fraud are the most important weapons . Few but lucky ones try to be successful by honest means . It has been proved by many that money or things grabbed by forceful methods can’t give any peace of mind . It is the honest dealing which gives long lasting happiness . We have to be honest in everything that come across in our life . Truth and honesty car always have deep impact on those in whose contact we are .
3. We should be content with what life gives us .
Ans . We should be always content with what we have . We should never try to exceed our limit . The contentment is a must in life . Show – off is just wrong nature . Never be a borrower nor a lender .
Read and Find out
1. What kind of a person is Mme Loisel – Why is she always unhappy ?
Ans . Madame Loisel is a petty young lady who is always dissatisfied with her life . She was married with a petty clerk . She had no dowry and no means of getting recognition .
2. What kind of a person is her husband ?
Ans . Her husband is a very simple person who loves his wife dearly . He is very happy to bring an invitation card for her . When the need arises he works for her to pay off the debt . He never grumbles even once .
3. What fresh problem now disturbs Mme Loisel ?
Ans . Madame Loisel is disturbed when she returns from the party . She founds that the necklace is not around the neck . It spoiled her pleasure instantly .
4. How is the problem solved ?
Ans . To come off this problem a lot of efforts have to be made . Mr. Lovel borrowed eighteen thousand francs money lenders . He used the eighteen thousand francs which his father had left . Thus thirty six thousand franc were spent to buy the necklace .
5. What do Mr. and Mme Loisel do next ?
Ans . Next Mr. Loisel went over the track where they had gone on foot . He also went to the police and the cab offices He put an advertisement in the newspaper . Mrs. Loisel stayed at home .
6. How do they replace the necklace ?
Ans . To return the lost necklace both of them had to work hard . They borrowed money and even used the money left by Mr. Loisel’s father . The necklace was bought for 36,000 francs and given back to Mrs. Forestier .
Benefits of NCERT Solutions
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 solutions encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These solutions are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 10 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 10 ?