Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Chapter 4 – A Question of Trust
|1. Textbook Questions|
|2. Intext Questions ( Read and Find Out )|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Chapter 4 – A Question of Trust, NCERT Solutions For Class 10 English Chapter 4 A Question Of Trust in this step-by-step answer guide. In some of State Boards and CBSE schools, students are taught thru NCERT books. As the chapter comes to an end, students are requested few questions in an exercising to evaluate their expertise of the chapter. Students regularly want guidance managing those NCERT Solutions.
It’s most effective natural to get stuck withinside the exercises while solving them so that you can assist students score higher marks, we’ve provided step by step NCERT answers for all exercises of Class ten Footprints Without Feet A Question Of Trust so you can are looking for assist from them. Students should solve those exercises carefully as questions withinside the final exams are requested from those, so these exercises immediately have an impact on students’ final score. Find all NCERT Solutions for Class ten Footprints Without Feet A Question Of Trust below and prepare in your tests easily.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Chapter 4 – A Question of Trust
Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Chapter 4 – A Question of Trust
Think about it
1. Did you begin to suspect , before the end of the story , that the lady was not the person Horace Danby took her to be ? If so , at what point did you realise this , and how ?
Ans . Well , in the beginning the lady appeared on the scene . I did not suspect her . But when she said ” I have always liked the wrong kind of people ” , I suspected her . Then she said that if Horace did ‘ something for her , she would let him go .
2 . What are the subtle ways in which the lady manages to deceive Horace Danby into thinking she is the lady of the house ? Why doesn’t Horace suspect that something is wrong ?
Ans . First , the lady speaks with confidence to deceive Horace . She has firmness in her voice . She smiles at him while talking . There is sharpness also in her voice as she continues talking . She then threatens him with the idea of ‘ prison ‘ . In this way she impresses him to be the landlady .
3. ” Horace Danby was good and respectable – but not completely honest ” . Why do you think this description is apt for Horace ? Why can’t he be categorised as a typical thief ?
Ans . This description fits well on Horace Danby . Horace enjoys a good reputation as ‘ a good , honest citizen ‘ . Then he steals only once a year . He covers his stealing under his profession of making locks . He also loves reading books . So due to these reasons he can’t be categorised as a typical thief .
4. Horace Danby was a meticulous planner but still he faltered . Where did he go wrong and why ?
Ans . He was rightly a meticulous planner . He planned carefully each year just before stealing . But he faltered . He didn’t see into the lady’s sweet , clever and crafty talks . It may be because he had been in the house as a thief . And he had been apprehended red – handed . His fear of prison blunted his mind to see through the lady’s tricks Then he was a thief .
Talk about it .
1. Do you think Horace Danby was unfairly punished , or that he deserved what he got ?
Ans . I think Horace Danby was unfairly punished in that theft . He was a thief , no doubt . But he was not a full – fledged thief . It is in the sense of the material benefit out of the theft . However , all the material evidence was against him . In the eyes of the law , he was a thief . So he was punished . But in the spirit of justice , there was something important . It was : it did not make him a thief .
2 . Do intentions justify actions ? Would you , like Horace Danby , do something wrong if you thought your ends justified the means ? Do you think that there are situations in which it is excusable to act less than honestly ?
Ans . It is not correct to say that intentions justify actions . In the case of Horace Danby , his intentions were to get free . If the lady of the house had been true to her verdict , he was safe . His intentions to open the safe did not justify his actions . He was proved wrong in them . It was because his actions took him to jail . However , there was nothing to justify that .
I , like Horace Danby , would not do anything wrong if my ends justified the means . In fact , we must see that wrong is wrong . Then we must analyse our actions and their results .
It is also a fact that there are situations in life . In them it is excusable to act less than honestly . Life has such facets Man gets involved without any fault of his .
Read and Find Out
1. What does Horace Danby like to collect ?
Ans . Horace Danby likes to collect rare and expensive books .
2 . Why does he steal every year ?
Ans . He stole every year so that he could buy the rare and expensive books that he loved to collect . Each year he planned carefully so as to steal enough to last twelve months .
3 . Who is speaking to Horace Danby ?
Ans . A lady standing in the doorway is speaking to Horace Danby . She was young and pretty and was dressed in red . She said she had come just in time , or else her family would have been robbed by Horace . Thus she pretended to be one of the members of the family living at Shot over Grange .
4. Who is the real culprit in the story ?
Ans . The real culprit in the story is the woman who pretended to be a member of the family living at Shot over Grange . She tricked Horace Danby into believing her , and cleverly took away all the jewels that were kept in the safe .
Benefits of NCERT Solutions
NCERT’s Class 10 solution contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 solutions encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These solutions are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 10 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 10 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 10 and all other classes.