Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 1 – A Letter to God
|1. Textbook Questions|
|2. Intext Questions (Oral Comprehensive Check)|
NCERT Solution Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 1 – A Letter to God, in this step-by-step answer guide. In some of State Boards and CBSE schools, students are taught thru NCERT books. As the chapter comes to an end, students are requested few questions in an exercising to evaluate their expertise of the chapter. Students regularly want guidance managing those NCERT Solutions.
It’s most effective natural to get stuck withinside the exercises while solving them so that you can assist students score higher marks, we’ve provided step by step NCERT answers for all exercises of Class ten First Flight A Letter to God so you can be looking for assist from them. Students should solve those exercises carefully as questions withinside the final exams are requested from those, so these exercises immediately have an impact on students’ final score. Find all NCERT Solutions for Class ten First Flight A Letter to God below and prepare in your tests easily.
NCERT Solution Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 1 – A Letter to God
Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 1 – A Letter to God
B. Thinking about the Text ( page – 7 )
1. Who does Lencho have complete faith in ? Which sentences in the story tell you this ?
Ans . Lencho has a complete faith in God as he has been instructed that God’s eyes can see everything and the help from God is his only hope .
A few sentences that tell us this are :
( a ) ” All through the night , Lencho thought only of his one hope : the help of God , whose eyes , as he had be instructed , see everything , even what is deep in one’s consciences . “
( b ) ” God , ” he wrote , ” If you don’t help me , my family and I will go hungry this year . “
( c ) ” God could not have made a mistake , nor he would have denied Lencho what he had requested ” .
2 . Why does the postmaster send money to Lencho ? Why does he sign the letter ‘ God ‘ ?
Ans . The postmaster sends money to Lencho to keep his faith in God . The postmaster is a kind , generous and God fearing man . He gives a part of his salary to help Lencho . He signs the letter ‘ God ‘ in order to preserve the man faith in God .
3 . Did Lencho try to find out who had sent the money to him ? Why or why not ?
Ans . Lencho’s faith in God was too firm to believe that none other than God would have sent him the money . Hi optimism and trust in God , did not allow Lencho to think that any one else might have sent him the money .
4 . Who does Lencho think , has taken the rest of the money ? What is the irony in the situation ?
Ans . Lencho thinks that the post office employees have taken the rest of the money . He thinks so , because he demanded for 100 pesos but received only 70 pesos .
The irony in the situation is that Lencho calls those persons ‘ a bunch of crooks ‘ who have tried to help him .
5. Are there people like Lencho in the real world ? What kind of a person would you say he is ? You may select appropriate words from the box to answer the question .
greedy , naive , stupid , ungrateful , selfish , comical , unquestioning
Ans . It is not possible in this materialistic society of today to find people like Lencho in the real world . Lencho wa neither greedy nor stupid . He very well knew how to read and write but he was too innocent to write a letter to God without any address on it .
6 . There are two kinds of conflicts in the story : between humans and nature , and between humans themselves How are these conflicts illustrated ?
Ans . The conflict between humans and nature is shown by the destruction of Lencho’s crops by the heavy downpour and hailstorm . As his crops were destroyed by the hail , Lencho felt sad and gloomy . This projects the com There is another conflict shown between humans themselves . The act of kindness , the postmaster and the employees showed on their part towards Lencho , was only to help him . They were not related to Lencho in any manner . Lencho blamed them for taking away some amount of money . This shows that man does not have faith in his fellow humans .
C. Thinking about Language . ( Page 8,9,10,11 )
I. There are different names in different parts of the world for storms , depending on their nature . Can you the names in the box with their descriptions below , and fill in the blanks ? You may use a dictionary to help you .
gale , whirlwind , cyclone , hurricane , tornado , typhoon
1. A violent tropical storm in which strong winds move in a circle : _________
2. An extremely strong wind : ________
3. A violent tropical storm with very strong winds : __________
4. A violent storm whose centre is a cloud in the shape of a funnel : _________
5. A violent storm with very strong winds , especially in the western Atlantic Ocean : _________
6. A very strong wind that moves very fast in a spinning movement and cause a lot of damage : __________
Ans . 1. Cyclone , 2. Gale 3. Typhoon 4. Tornado 5. Hurricane 6. Whirlwind
II. Match the sentences in Column A with the meanings of ‘ hope ‘ in Column B.
Ans . 1 – b , 2 – e , 3 – a , 4 – f , 5 – d , 6 – c
III . Join the sentences given below using who , whom , whose , which , as suggested .
1. I often go to Mumbai . Mumbai is the commercial capital of India . ( which )
2. My mother is going to host a TV show on cooking . She cooks very well . ( who )
3. These sports persons are going to meet the President . Their performance has been excellent . ( whose )
4. Lencho prayed to God . His eyes see into our minds . ( whose )
5. This man cheated me . I trusted him . ( whom )
Ans . 1. I often go to Mumbai , which is the commercial capital of India .
2. My mother , who cooks very well , is going to host a TV show on cooking .
3. These sports persons , whose performance has been excellent , are going to meet the President .
4. Lencho prayed to God , whose eyes see into our minds .
5. This man , whom I trusted , cheated me .
IV . Find sentences in the story with negative words , which express the following idea emphatically .
1 . The trees lost all their leaves .
2 . The letter was addressed to God himself .
3 . The postman saw this address for the first time in his career .
Ans . 1 . Not a leaf remained on the trees .
2 . It is nothing less than a letter to God .
3 . Never in his career as a postman had he seen that address .
V. In pair , find metaphors from the story to complete the table below . Try to say what qualities are being compared . one has been done for you .
A. Oral comprehension check
( Page 5 )
1. What did Lencho hope for ?
Ans . Lencho hoped for a good rain as it was needed for a good harvest.
2. Why did Lencho say the raindrops were like ‘ new coins ‘ ?
Ans . He called the raindrops as ‘ new coins ‘ because they assured him of a good harvest .
3. How did the rain change ? What happened to Lencho’s fields ?
Ans . The rain changed into hailstorm . Suddenly a strong wind began to blow along with large hailstones . The crops in his fields were destroyed due to large hailstones .
4. What were Lencho’s feelings when the hail stopped ?
Ans . Lencho’s heart was ruined . There was nothing left that he could feed his family with .
( Page 6 )
1. Who or what did Lencho faith in ? What did he do ?
Ans . Lencho had a deep faith in God . He believed that God’s eyes see everything even what is deep in one’s conscience . He wrote a letter to God asking him for 100 pesos to sow his fields .
2. Who read the letter ?
Ans . The postmaster read the letter .
3. What did the postmaster do after reading the letter ?
Ans . The postmaster broke out laughing but immediately became serious . In order to retain the writer’s faith in God , he decided to collect money and send it to Lencho along with a letter on behalf of God .
( Page 7-8 )
1. Was Lencho surprised to find a letter for him with money in it ?
Ans . No , Lencho wasn’t surprised to find a letter for him with money in it as he had a firm faith , that God would definitely help him .
2. What made him angry ?
Ans . Lencho demanded for 100 pesos whereas he received only 70 pesos in the envelope . This less amount made him angry .
Benefits of NCERT Solutions
NCERT’s Class 10 solution contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 solutions encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These solutions are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 10 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 10 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 10 and all other classes.