Class 8 History Chapter 2 From Trade to Territory The Company Establishes Power
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 History Chapter 2 From Trade To Territory The Company Establishes Power, (History) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students, solve all of the questions and maintain their studies without a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated Solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 History Chapter 2 From Trade to Territory The Company Establishes Power
Class 8 History Chapter 2 From Trade to Territory The Company Establishes Power
1. Match the following:
|“Tiger of Mysore”||Right to collect land revenue|
|Rani Channamma||Criminal Court|
|Sipahi||Led an anti-British movement in Kitoor|
|Diwani||Right to collect land revenue|
|“Tiger of Mysore”||Tipu Sultan|
|Faujdari Adalat||Criminal Court|
|Rani Channamma||Led an anti-British movement in Kitoor|
2. Fill in the blanks:
(a) The British conquest of Bengal began with the Battle of ___________.
(b) Haidar Ali and Tipu Sultan were the rulers of ___________.
(c) Dalhousie implemented the Doctrine of ___________.
(d) Maratha kingdoms were located mainly in the ___________ part of India.
(a) The British conquest of Bengal began with the Battle ofPlassey
(b) Haidar Ali and Tipu Sultan were the rulers ofMysore.
(c) Dalhousie implemented the Doctrine ofLapse
(d) Maratha kingdoms were located mainly in theSouth-westernpart of India.
3. State whether true or false:
(a) The Mughal empire became stronger in the eighteenth century.
(b) The English East India Company was the only European company that traded with India.
(c) Maharaja Ranjit Singh was the ruler of Punjab.
(d) The British did not introduce administrative changes in the territories they conquered.
(a) The Mughal empire became stronger in the eighteenth century – False
(b) The English East India Company was the only European company that traded with India – False
(c) Maharaja Ranjit Singh was the ruler of Punjab – True
(d) The British did not introduce administrative changes in the territories they conquered – False
4. What attracted European trading companies to India?
European trading companies were looking for new lands from which they could buy goods at a cheap price and carry them back to Europe to sell at higher prices. The fine qualities of cotton and silk produced in India had a big market in Europe. Spices like Pepper, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon too were in great demand. These were the reasons that attracted European trading companies to India.
5. What were the areas of conflict between the Bengal nawabs and the East India Company?
After the first British factory was set up in 1651 on the banks of the river Hugli, East India company started allowing more of its merchants and traders to visit and settle down at the city of Bengal. The reasons that caused the conflicts between Bengal nawabs and East India Company were:
a. Nawabs denied concessions to the East India Company on many occasions
b. Nawabs also demanded large tributes from the company
c. The company denied paying taxes
d. The company officials wrote insulting letters to the nawabs
6. How did the assumption of Diwani benefit the East India Company?
Diwani rights are the rights that the British acquired to collect their own revenues and have the authority to decide on civil cases. This right benefited East India Company in several ways:
a. It allowed the Company to use the vast revenue resources of Bengal
b. The monopoly of the East India Company on the trade started
c. Revenue of Bengal was used to export Indian goods out of the country
7. Explain the system of “subsidiary alliance”.
The system of the subsidiary alliance made Indian rulers let go of their armed forces and come under the protection of East India Company. The following changes occurred when this system came into being:
a. East India Company became the guardian of the territories that it took under the alliance
b. An English resident, who served as the EIC’s personnel, was appointed in the territory to keep a check on the ruler
c. The Indian rules were asked not to allow any other European companies to trade with them and enter their territory
d. Indian rulers were told to pay for the subsidiary armed forces of the EIC, disobeying which led to that part of the territory being forfeited by the company
8. In what way was the administration of the Company different from that of Indian rulers?
The difference in the administration of the company and that of the Indian rulers is given below:
|Company Administration||Indian Rulers Administration|
|The company divided the territories into presidencies||Indian rulers divided the territories into district, pargana, tehsil and parishad|
|Governor ruled the administrative units||Zamindar or Peasants were responsible for their units|
|Governor-General was the head of the state||King or Nawab was the head of the state|
|The introduction of several acts: Regulating Act Indian Council Acts Montague-Chelmsford Reforms||Indian rulers brought no such acts but used to rule with their farmans.|
9. Describe the changes that occurred in the composition of the Company’s army.
The army of EIC was known as Sepoy Army. The main participants of the army were the peasants of India, trained by the EIC to become professional soldiers. The major change in the EIC army was the domination of infantry over cavalry with the introduction of muskets, matchlocks to guard them. The company also introduced a uniform military culture where soldiers were given European training through drills and other exercises.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 8
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these Solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solutions For Class 8 are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the Solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 8 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT Solutions available on thecbsestudyguruwebsite to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use thecbsestudygurulearning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 8 ?
- cbsestudyguruprovide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These Solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide Solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguruespecially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 8 and all other classes.