Class 8 Geography Chapter 5 Industries
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Geography Chapter 5 Industries, (Geography) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students, solve all of the questions and maintain their studies without a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated Solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Geography Chapter 5 Industries
Class 8 Geography Chapter 5 Industries
1. Answer the following questions.
(i) What is meant by the term ‘industry’?
Answer: Industry refers to an economic activity that is concerned with the production of goods like iron and steel industry, extraction of minerals like coal mining industry and the provision of services like tourism industry.
(ii) Which are the main factors which influence the location of an industry?
Answer: Setting up an industry leads to the development and growth of that location. The factors that affect the location of industries are the easy availability of raw material and land, adequate supply of water and labour, access to power and transport, presence of market and a good amount of capital. Sometimes, the government also provides incentives like subsidised power, lower transport cost and other infrastructural facilities. This is done to encourage industries to be established in economically backward areas.
(iii) Which industry is often referred to as the backbone of the modern industry and why?
Answer: Steel is called the backbone of the modern industry because almost everything we use is either made of steel or has been made with machinery or tools made out of steel. The steel industry is basically the feeder industry, whose products are the raw materials for other industries.
(iv) Why has the cotton textile industry rapidly expanded in Mumbai?
Answer:The warm and moist climate, proximity to the port, easy availability of raw material and skilled labour helped in the rapid expansion of the cotton textile industry in Mumbai.
2. Tick the correct answer.
(i) Fort Gloster is located in
(a) West Bengal
Answer: (a) West Bengal
(ii) Which one of the following is a natural fiber?
Answer: (b) Jute
3. Distinguish between the following.
(i) Agro-based and mineral-based industry
Answer: Agro-based industries use plant and animal-based products as their raw materials. It is a source of employment for people in rural areas. Food processing, vegetable oil, cotton textile, dairy products and leather industries are examples of agro-based industries. Whereas, Mineral based industries are primary industries that use mineral ores as their raw materials. It is a source of employment for both rural and urban populations. Steel and Iron Industries and Heavy Machinery industries are examples of Mineral based industries.
(ii) Public sector and joint sector industry
Answer: Industries owned and operated by the government are public sector industries. Steel Authority of India Limited and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited are examples of Public sector industries. On the other hand, joint sector industries are owned and operated by the state and individuals or a group of individuals. Maruti Udyog Limited is an example of joint sector industry.
4. Give two examples of the following in the space provided :
(i) Raw Materials: _____________ and _____________________
Answer: Iron ore and Cotton
(ii) End products: _______________ and _________________________
Answer: Steel and Cloth
(iii) Tertiary Activities: ________________ and __________
Answer: Transport and banking
(iv) Agro-based Industries: ____________ and ____________
Answer: Dairy and Sugar
(v) Cottage Industries: ___________ and ________________
Answer: pottery and basket weaving
(vi) Co-operatives: ______________________ and _____________
Answer:Mother Dairy and Anand Milk Union Limited (Amul)
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 8
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these Solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solutions For Class 8 are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the Solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 8 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT Solutions available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 8 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These Solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide Solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 8 and all other classes.