English Term 2 Sample Paper 2022 (Unsolved)
Class 10 English Term 2 Sample Paper 2022, (English) exams are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of the state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students to prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions inside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck inside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students, solve all of the questions, and maintain their studies without a doubt, we have provided a step-by-step NCERT Sample Question Papers for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated Notes as a way to similarly assist the students and answer the questions right.
Class 10 English Term 2 Sample Paper 2022
- The Question Paper contains THREE sections-READING, WRITING & GRAMMAR and LITERATURE.
- Attempt questions based on specific instructions for each part.
SECTION – A: READING
1. Read the passage given below.
“Women need more sleep than men, if not the same. The consequences of a bad sleep cycle also tend to be graver in women compared to men”, said an expert. Steep plays a vital role in maintaining mental, physical and emotional health. But with lockdowns imposed and offices shut yet again, people continue to work from home, a model that not only blurs the lines between office and home.
5. but also leads to increased exposure to screens. This, coupled with pandemic-induced anxiety, and lack of physical activity, not only takes a toll on one’s health, but also contributes to poor sleep quality. But it is women, especially working mothers, who are worst affected- as women need more sleep than men, say experts. “Several studies have proven that the sleep requirement may slightly vary between men and women, given their biological structure.
10. A significant factor for this is how both women and men spend their day. Research has documented the differences in the time women and men have dedicated to paid and unpaid labour, work and social responsibilities, and family caregiving” they say.
They added that women get slightly more steep than men, approximately 11-13 minutes more, but men tend to have a much deeper sleep Women are more likely to get up in the middle of the night to take care of
15. others in the family. Sleep works best when it is uninterrupted
“Additionally, women are more likely to take a nap during the day, suggesting that their total sleep time may be misleading. Napping during the day adds to the sleep time (number of hours spent sleeping) and makes night-time sleep less restful.” he continued
20. Reasons women need more (and better quality) sleep than men: Increased risk of sleep disorders: Women are 40 per cent more prone to insomnia and restless leg syndrome (RLS) which causes an uncontrollable urge to move your legs, usually because of an uncomfortable sensation disrupting sleep, requiring women to sleep a little extra to make up for the lost sleep.
25. Hormonal imbalances Women undergo multiple hormonal changes throughout their lives. The changes create disturbances in their circadian rhythm requiring extra steep.
Mental health: “Women are twice more likely to suffer from depression than men. In India, women tend to face adverse mental health issues due to their professional commitments and added responsibilities of household chores. A good sleep cycle is needed for them to
30. keep their mental health in check” said an expert.
Personal lifestyle and fitness: A good night’s sleep aids a women’s metabolism. It gives more energy to exercise concentrate, and perform other critical doily tasks. According to researchers at the Loughborough University. UK women need more sleep than men due to multitasking. Women need more sleep than men, if not the same. The consequences of a bad sleep cycle also tend to be much graver in women compared to men. Several studies have extensively shown that sleep-deprived women are at an increased risk of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, heart strokes, stress, and mental health issues than sleep-deprived men. Not only that, sleep deprivation can also aggravate pre-existing mood disturbances, such as anger, depression, and anxiety. It can lead to confusion, fatigue, and lack of vigour, ultimately impacting productivity. Women may also face more challenges in concentration than men.
Based on your understanding of the passage, answer ANY FIVE questions out of the six given below. (1 x 5)
(A) What does the writer mean when he/ she says, “Women need more sleep than men, if not the same”? 1
(B) Rewrite the following sentence by replacing the underlined phrase with a word that means the same from lines 1-10.
There was so much of fog that it caused a reduction in the clarity of my vision. 1
(C) State any two reasons for women being worst affected by lack of sleep. 1
(D) Why is it said ‘Napping during the day adds to the sleep time (number of hours spent sleeping) and makes night-time sleep less restful’? 1
(E) List one likely reason for women being in need of more sleep, other than a disturbed sleep cycle. 1
(F) How does the author prove that sleep deprivation can lead to severe health issues in women? 1
2. Read the following excerpt from a case study titled ‘Cyber Bullying’.
Cyberbullying is a serious issue affecting a large number of children and adolescents who have experienced it. Here ore some stories
5. “I have been friends with this person for 3 years now. Well best friends, I never thought she could do this to me. She’s lying and getting our friends on her side. All I can do is
10. watch. She’s called me Ugly Rog Doll! Who says these kinds of things? Only someone that is heartless and that has never been bullied before. They don’t know how it feels I
15. guess”- 12 year-old girl from MI.
“My sixteen year old son was cyberbullied on Facebook over a period of 8 hours. The event was so traumatic it caused my son to have an acute psychotic break and to be
20. hospitalized in an adolescent psychiatric ward for almost a month. He is changed forever and will never be the same mentally” – Parent
25. of 16 year-old boy from MN “Whenever I am on Facebook, I am in fear of my account being hacked. I can’t help but use it because I have online friends that I chat with. I just hate people who hack Facebook accounts for pleasure”- 18 year-old girl from NM
“A boy in my sixth grade math class called me mean names Like four eyes, alien and more just
30. for wearing glasses. It made me very upset. I don’t think that kids who wear glasses shouldn’t get made fun of. It’s not someone’s fault for wearing glasses” – 11 year-old boy from MI
“I’ve been bullied on Twitter, by two people in the last couple weeks. After I told them to stop and leave me alone, I stopped communication with them but they still kept tweeting me. I feel
35. like I can’t say anything with someone on Twitter bullying me. I try to make it look like don’t care and all, but it never seems to work. I’ve reported and blocked them”- 21 year-old girl from USA
“A guy I know (he is a good friend of mine now) used to be pretty cruel to me in front of my friends, mocking me But I just want to say to every victim out there, don’t stop believing it will all get better.
40. Stand up for yourself, fight, do whatever can Peace.” – 14 year-old boy from IA
“I think most people who bully online just do it to act tough but since they’re not saying it to someone’s face makes them seem more of a wimp.”- 15 year old girl from NY
Image source: Researchgate
On the basis of your understanding of the passage, answer ANY FIVE questions out of the six given below. (1 x 5)
(A) What does the writer mean by saying “cyber-bullying affects adolescents”? 1
(B) Comment on the significance of the need to address the issue of cyberbullying with reference to lines 1-15. 1
(C) Justify the statement by a mother when she says that ‘He is changed forever and will never be the same mentally’, with reference to the lines 15-20. 1
(D) Quote an example of body shaming from the above stories and describe how it affects the victim. 1
(E) Sending or writing rumours, cracking embarrassing jokes or gossip on social media is one of the worst types of bullying. How does evidence from the table support the statement? 1
(F) What can be the best strategy to deal with bullies with reference to the lines 30-40? 1
SECTION – B: WRITING AND GRAMMAR
3. Attempt any one from (A) and (B)
(A) Study the given data on ‘Cash Rules Everything Around Christmas’ that shows things that are popular in giving and receiving gifts during Christmas. 5
(B) You are David/Devi, purchase manager of a publishing house, you come cross the following advertisement.
Write a letter to Som Safety Works in about 120 words, placing an order for some fire extinguishers that you need for your office. 5
4. The following paragraph has not been edited. There is one error in each line. Identify the error and write its correction against the correct blank number. Remember to underline the correction. The first one has been done for you. (1 x 3)
Chess is called the game off kings. Eg. off of
It has being around for a long time. (a) …………… …………….
People have been played it for over 500 years. (b) ………….. …………….
Chess was based on an even older game from India. (c) ………….. ……………..
The chess we play today is from Europe.
5. Read the conversation and complete the passage that follows.
Teacher: Today let me share the importance of education for every person in society. If you are not properly educated you will not get any job easily.
Student: Yes sir, this is true. I have seen many people suffering due to lack of education.
The teacher told the students to let him share the importance of education for every person in society and told them that if (a)………………. . Student replied that that was true and added that (b)………………. due to lack of education. (1 + 1)
SECTION – C: LITERATURE
6. Answer ANY SIX questions in 30-40 words each. (2 x 6)
(A) What was the significance of Baking as indeed a profitable profession in the old days? 2
(B) Justify how ‘The tale of Custard the Dragon’ by Ogden Nash throws light on fakeness and hypocrisy. 2
(C) Comment on the tone of the speaker in the line: “Tell me another!” scoffed Pranjol. 2
(D) Explain the qualities of a person that made him/her achieve what they want in life with reference to the text ‘The Making of a Scientist’. 2
(E) Which two incidents as stated in the play ‘The Proposal’, do you find most humorous? 2
(F) Briefly state the theme of the poem ‘Animals’. 2
(G) Comment. on the importance of being satisfied with reference to the story ‘The Necklace’. 2
7. Answer ANY TWO of the following in about 120 words each. (4 x 2)
(A) Critically examine and highlight the impact of sufferings seen by Siddhartha on his mind. 4
(B) Bholi’s teacher had played a huge role in impacting Bholi in a positive light. Develop a conversation between Bholi and her teacher about the impact the teacher leaves on Bholi’s life, based on your understanding of the chapter ‘Bholi’
You may begin like: 4
(C) The concept of ‘marriage of convenience’ is still practiced in different parts of world. Evaluate the relation between Lomov and Natalya, highlighting their stance on it in the chapter ‘The Proposal’. 4