Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet Chapter 3 The Midnight Visitor
|1. Textbook Questions|
|2. Intext Questions ( Read and Find Out )|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet Chapter 3 The Midnight Visitor, in this step-by-step answer guide. In some of State Boards and CBSE schools, students are taught thru NCERT books. As the chapter comes to an end, students are requested few questions in an exercising to evaluate their expertise of the chapter. Students regularly want guidance managing those NCERT Solutions.
It’s most effective natural to get stuck withinside the exercises while solving them so that you can assist students score higher marks, we’ve provided step by step NCERT answers for all exercises of Class ten Footprints Without Feet he Midnight Visitor so you can are looking for assist from them. Students should solve those exercises carefully as questions withinside the final exams are requested from those, so these exercises immediately have an impact on students’ final score. Find all NCERT Solutions for Class ten Footprints Without Feet the Midnight Visitor below and prepare in your tests easily.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet Chapter 3 The Midnight Visitor
Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet Chapter 3 The Midnight Visitor
Think about it
1. Ausable did not fit any description of a secret agent Fowler had ever read . ” What do secret agents in books and films look like , in your opinion ? Discuss in groups or in class some stories or movies featuring spies , detectives and secret agents , and compare their appearance with that of Ausable in this story . ( You may mention characters from fiction in languages other than English . In English fiction you may have come across Sherlock Holmes , Hercule Poirot , or Miss Marple . Have you watched any movies featuring James Bond ? )
Ans . Secret agents in fiction are projected like ideal men , ” Tall dark and handsome ‘ . They are usually well – built and keep beautiful women for company . They would smoke a pipe ( like Sherlock Holmes ) or a cigar and execute death – defying stunts ( like James Bond ) . Movies based on James Bond show hi – tech gadgets which assist the detective in countering villains . However , there are some exceptions to this appearance of a secret agent also . A character named Feluda was created by Satyajit Ray , the famous Bengali filmmaker . Feluda was a tall athletic figure who relied on his superb analytical ability and observation skill .
2 . How does Ausable manage to make Max believe that there is a balcony attached to his room ? Look back at his detailed description of it . What makes it a convincing story ?
Ans . Ausable creates a detailed description of how his office was part a bigger apartment and how the next room had a direct connection with a balcony . His statement that somebody else also broke into his office through that balcony earlier made it a convincing story . Ausable’s ability to think quickly and calmly in a situation of panic makes it convincing .
3. Looking back at the story , when do you think Ausable thought up his plan for getting rid of Max ? Do you think he had worked out his plan in detail right from the beginning ? Or did he make up a plan taking advantage of events as they happened ?
Ans . No , I don’t think that he had worked out his plan in detail earlier . He took advantage of events as they happened . Ausable made up a story of the balcony outside the room and as there was a knock at the door , he said that it would be the police . All these made Max desperate . He became restless and without seeing below , jumped out of the window .
Talk about it .
1. In this story , Ausable shows great ‘ presence of mind ‘ or the ability to think quickly and act calmly and wisely , in a situation of danger and surprise . Give examples from your own experience , or narrate a story , which shows someone’s presence of mind .
Ans . This story is reference to the play ‘ If I were you ‘ . Gurrad was captured by a criminal and the criminal pointed gun towards him but he treated the criminal as a guest and trapped him in his confidence . He achieved the criminal to run away as police is behind him . He told the criminal to run through the exit door , which was actually a cupboard door . The criminal exited through the door and was caught in the cupboard .
2. Discuss what you would do in the situations described below . Remember that presence of mind comes out of a state of mental preparedness . If you have thought about possible problems or dangers , and about how to act in such situations , you have a better chance of dealing with such situations if they do arise .
• A small fire starts in your kitchen .
• A child starts to choke on a piece of food .
• An electrical appliance starts to hiss and gives out sparks .
• A bicycle knocks down a pedestrian .
• It rains continuously for more than twenty – four hours .
• A member of your family does not return home at the usual or expected time .
Ans . For discussion at class level with the supervision , advice and direction of the teacher .
• If there is a small fire in the kitchen , a blanket should be put over it at once . Water may be thrown on it . In case of a short circuit , all members should go out at once .
• When a child starts choking on a piece of food , his or her back should be thumped slowly . This way the piece of food may be thrown out . He or she should at once be hospitalised if the condition worsens .
• If an electrical appliance starts to hiss and gives out sparks , the current should be stopped . The appliance should be got repaired or its use be stopped .
• The pedestrian should at once be attended to . If there is a serious mishap , calling for an ambulance is desirable . Public help may be sought .
• In that case one should go to the roof and contact the neighbours . Necessary things like food articles , medicines etc , should be collected at one place . Distress signals may be sent .
• His places of visit , his office , his friends , etc , should be contacted at once . One shouldn’t be panicky . One should think about the hurdles that could have withheld him . If he comes , it is O.K. If not police should be contacted .
Read and Find Out
1. How is Ausable different from other secret agents ?
Ans . Ausable is different from other secret agents in more ways than one . He has a small room in the musty corridor of a gloomy French hotel . It was on the sixth and top floor and it was scarcely the setting for a romantic adventure . He was extremely fat . In spite of living in Paris for over twenty years , he spoke French and German with difficulty and had an American accent . Instead of getting messages passed secretly to him by beautiful girls , he got only a routine telephone call making an appointment . In these ways , he was different from the conventional notion of a secret agent .
He dealt with Max by inventing some stories and convincing Max to act on them , so that he could get rid of Max permanently .
2. Who is Fowler and what is his first authentic thrill of the day ?
Ans . Fowler is a writer and he had come to meet Ausable . His first authentic thrill of the day came when he saw a man in Ausable’s room pointing a pistol towards Ausable and himself .
3. How has Max got in ?
Ans . Max had got into the room using a passkey or master key .
4. How does Ausable say he gut in ?
Ans . Ausable said that he thought Max had got into the room through the balcony . He said that it was the second time in a month that somebody had got into his room this way .
Benefits of NCERT Solutions
NCERT’s Class 10 solution contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 solutions encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These solutions are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 10 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 10 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 10 and all other classes.