NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India-Size And Location
|1. Exercise Questions|
|2. Intext Questions|
NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India-Size And Location in this step-by-step answer guide. In some of State Boards and CBSE schools, students are taught thru NCERT books. As the chapter comes to an end, students are requested few questions in an exercising to evaluate their expertise of the chapter. Students regularly want guidance managing those NCERT Solutions. It’s most effective natural to get stuck withinside the exercises while solving them so that you can assist students score higher marks, we’ve provided step by step NCERT answers for all exercises of Class nine Social Science India-Size And Location so you can are looking for assist from them. Students should solve those exercises carefully as questions withinside the final exams are requested from those, so these exercises immediately have an impact on students’ final score. Find all NCERT Solutions for Class nine Social Science India-Size And Location below and prepare in your tests easily.
NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Social Science Geography
Chapter 1- India-Size And Location
Exercise on page 6
1. Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below .
( i ) The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through
( a ) Rajasthan ( b ) Odisha
( c ) Chhattisgarh ( d ) Tripura
Ans . ( b ) Odisha
( ii ) The Easternmost longitude of India is
( a ) 97 ° 25’E
( b ) 68 ° 7’E
( c ) 77 ° 6’E
( d ) 82 ° 32’E
Ans . ( a ) 97 ° 25’E
( iii ) Uttarakhand , Uttar Pradesh , Bihar , West Bengal and Sikkim have common frontiers with
( a ) China ( b ) Bhutan
( c ) Nepal ( d ) Myanmar
Ans . ( c ) Nepal
( iv ) If you intend to visit Kavarati during your summer vacations , which one of the following Union Territories of India you will be going to
( a ) Puducherry ( b ) Lakshadweep
( c ) Andaman and Nicobar ( d ) Daman and Diu
Ans . ( b ) Lakshadweep
( v ) My friend hails from a country which does not share land boundary with India . Identify the country .
( a ) Bhutan ( b ) Tajikistan
( c ) Bangladesh ( d ) Nepal
Ans . ( b ) Tajikistan
2. Answer the following questions briefly .
( i ) Name the group of islands lying in the Arabian sea .
Ans . Lakshadweep islands lie in the Arabian sea .
( ii ) Name the countries which are larger than India .
Ans . Russia , Canada , USA , China , Brazil and Australia are the countries larger than India .
( iii ) Which island group of India lies to its South – East ?
Ans . Andaman and Nicobar islands lies to the South – East of India .
( iv ) Which island countries are our Southern neighbours ?
Ans . Sri Lanka and Maldives are the two island countries that are the Southern neighbours of India .
3. The Sun rises two hours earlier in Arunachal Pradesh as compared to Gujarat in the West , but the watches show the same time . How does this happen ?
Ans . From Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh there is a time lag of two hours , but the watches show the same time . It is because the time along the Standard Meridian of India ( 82 ° 30 ‘ E ) passing through Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh is taken as the standard time for the whole country .
4. The central location of India at the head of the Indian Ocean is considered of great significance . Why ?
Ans . The central location of India at the head of the Indian ocean is of great significance due to the following reasons
( i ) Sea trade links could be established with countries of East Africa , West Asia , Europe , East and South East Asia .
( ii ) Central location at the head of the Indian Ocean , gave India an easy access to the outside world from all areas .
( iii ) This also ensured that people coming from outside India could enter India through sea route .
( iv ) East and West coasts gave India a strategic advantage to do trade with both Eastern and Western countries .
( v ) It has given India a distinct climate than the rest of the Asian Continent .
( i ) The island groups of India lying in the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal .
Ans . Lakshadweep islands lie in the Arabian sea and Andaman and Nicobar islands lie in the Bay of Bengal .
( ii ) The countries constituting the Indian subcontinent .
Ans . India , Pakistan , Nepal , Bhutan , Bangladesh , Sri Lanka and Maldives .
( iii ) The states through which the Tropic of Cancer passes .
Ans . Gujarat , Rajasthan , Madhya Pradesh , Chhattisgarh , Jharkhand , West Bengal , Tripura and Mizoram .
( iv ) The Northernmost latitude in degrees .
Ans . 37 ° 6’N
( v ) The Southernmost latitude of the Indian mainland in degrees .
Ans . 8 ° 4’N
( vi ) The Eastern and the Western – most longitude in degrees .
Ans . 68 ° 7 ‘ E and 97 ° 25 ‘ E
( vii ) The place situated on the three seas .
Ans . Kanyakumari
( viii ) The strait separating Sri Lanka from India .
Ans . Palk Strait
( ix ) The Union Territories of India .
Ans . Andaman and Nicobar islands , Chandigarh , Dadra & Nagar Haveli , Daman and Diu , Lakshadweep , Puducherry , Delhi , Ladakh , Jammu and Kashmir .
Find Out on page 2
1. Why 82 ° 30’E has been selected as the Standard Meridian of India ?
Ans . 82 ° 30’E is selected as the standard meridian of India because there is a time lag of 2 hours from the extreme East ( Arunachal Pradesh ) to the extreme West ( Gujarat ) of India . Time at each location is different which creates confusion . To avoid . confusions and difficulties arising out of local time differences , a meridian that is centrally located is chosen . This meridian in India is at 82 ° 30 ‘ E which passes through Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh is also known as Standard Meridian of India .
2. Why is the difference between day and night durations hardly felt at Kanyakumari , but not so in Kashmir ? [ CBSE 2015 ]
Ans . The difference of day and night is hardly felt in Kanyakumari because it lies South of the Tropic of Cancer , closer to the equator .
As equator receives direct Sunrays , there is not much difference in day and night there .
On the other hand , Kashmir lies North of the Tropic of Cancer , far from the equator . There is significant difference of 4-5 hours between day and night . Sun rays are not direct they are slanting here .
So the difference between day and night in Kashmir and Kanyakumari is due to their latitudinal location .
Find Out on page 4
3. Find out the number of Union Territories along the Western and Eastern coasts .
Ans . Union Territories along the
( i ) Western Coast Lakshadweep , Daman and Diu , Dadra and Nagar Haveli .
( ii ) Eastern Coast Puducherry , Andaman and Nicobar islands .
4. Find out area – wise which is the smallest and which is the largest state .
Ans . Area – wise
( i ) Largest State Rajasthan ( 342239 sq km )
( ii ) Smallest State Goa ( 3702 sq km )
5. Find out the states which do not have an international border or lie on the coast .
Ans . States which do not have international border or lie on the coast are Haryana , Jharkhand , Madhya Pradesh , Telangana and Chhattisgarh .
6. Classify the states into four groups each having common frontiers with
( i ) Pakistan ( ii ) China
( iii ) Myanmar ( iv ) Bangladesh
Ans . States having common frontiers with
( i ) Pakistan Gujarat , Rajasthan , Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir
( ii ) China Himachal Pradesh , Uttarakhand , Sikkim , Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir
( iii ) Myanmar Manipur , Nagaland , Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram
( iv ) Bangladesh West Bengal , Assam , Meghalaya , Tripura and Mizoram
Benefits of NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India-Size And Location
NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India-Size And Location contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India-Size And Location encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India-Size And Location are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 9 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 9 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 9 and all other classes.