Class 11 History Chapter 9 The Industrial Revolution
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 History Chapter 9 The Industrial Revolution, (History) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students solve all of the questions and maintain their studies with out a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 History Chapter 9 The Industrial Revolution
Class 11 History Chapter 9 The Industrial Revolution
How did Britain’s involvement in wars from 1793 to 1815 affect British industries?
Both Britain and France were at war between 1793 to 1815. The industries of Britain were badly affected with this war. That is why Britain was unable to get capital formation and reinvestment during war period. It had to use borrowed capital to fight rather than reinvestment. Due to war, factories were shut down. Trade declined. The prices of essential commodities were very high. So, this war affected British industries in many ways.
What were the relative advantages of canal and railway transportation?
Advantages of Canal Transportation: It was the cheapest mode of transportation. It was made easier to transport heavier goods from mines to factories. When big cities and towns were linked to these canals, the city people were able to get various essential commodities such as coal and tool items at cheaper rate.
Advantages of Rail Transportation: The use of railways helped in increasing the production of coal and iron industry. It also did a lot of help. Railways helped in carrying heavy goods through various regions of the country.
What were the interesting features of the inventions of this period?
The interesting features of the inventions of this period are as follows:
- At first, Abraham Darby brought about a revolution in the metallurgical industry.
- Henry Cort (1740-1823) designed the puddling furnace and rolling mill to roll purified iron into bars.
- In the 1770s, John Wilkinson made the first iron chairs, vats for breweries and iron pipes of all sizes.
- John Kay made the flying shuttle loom in 1733. It made possible to weave broader fabrics in less time.
- Edmund Cartwright invented power loom in 1787.
- Thomas Savery built a model steam engine called the Miner’s friend in 1698 to drain mines.
- James Watt developed a steam engine in 1769 that converted the steam engine from a pump into a ‘prime mover’.
Indicate how the supply of raw materials affected the nature of British industrialization.
Since 17th century, Britain had been importing bales of cotton cloth from India at exorbitant price. But after the entry of East India Company into India, it began to import along with cloth, raw cotton, which could be spun and woven into cloth in England. Till the early 18th century, the process of spinning had been very slow. The spinners were occupied throughout the day, while weavers waited idly to receive yarn. A lot of technological inventions closed the gap between the speed in spinning raw cotton into yarn, and weaving the yarn into fabric. The production shifted from the homes of spinners and weavers to factories.
How were the lives of different classes of British women affected by the Industrial Revolution?
- Women of all classes began working in factories. It helped them in getting financial independence and self-esteem.
- But their wages for the same hour of work were low in comparison to those of men.
- Industrialization was a blessing in disguise. A number of food items became cheap and were available in abundance. It increased the social status of the women in particular.
- Women were supposed to observe strict discipline. They were also punished for violation of any discipline.
Compare the effects of the coming of the railways in different countries of the world.
Effects of the coming of the railways in differents countries of the world:
- The expansion of railways helped the imperialist countries a lot.
- Railways became a means of transportation which was available in different parts of the world throughout the year.
- They also helped a lot in boosting the process of industrialization.
- They also helped in the transportation of heavy goods at cheaper rate.
- They joined the parts of different countries and helped in picking up the material easily.
- They provided a lot of employment opportunities and also accelerated trade and commerce. Thus, it can be said that the coming of railways connected different countries of the world.
NCERT Solution for Class 11 contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solution for Class 11 encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solution For Class 11 are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 11 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on thecbsestudyguruwebsite to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use thecbsestudygurulearning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solution for Class 11 ?
- cbsestudyguruprovide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguruespecially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 11 and all other classes.