Class 11 History Chapter 7 Changing Cultural Traditions
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 History Chapter 7 Changing Cultural Traditions, (History) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students solve all of the questions and maintain their studies with out a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 History Chapter 7 Changing Cultural Traditions
Class 11 History Chapter 7 Changing Cultural Traditions
Which elements of Greek and Roman culture were revived in the 14th and 15th centuries ?
The religious, artistic and literary elements of Greek and Roman culture were revived in the 14th and 15th centuries.
Compare details of Italian architecture of this period with Islamic architecture.
Following are the points of comparison:
- Huge buildings were constructed under both the Italian and the Islamic architectures.
- Decoration was prominent in both the styles.
- Arch and pillars were the important characteristics of both the Italian and the Islamic architectures.
- Beautiful cathedrals and monasteries were constructed in Italian architecture, whereas large and magnificent mosques were constructed under the Islamic style of architecture.
Why were Italian towns the first to experience the ideas of humanism?
The towns of Italy were the first to experience the ideas of humanism because of the following reasons:
- Education spread in Italy by the 13th and 14th centuries.
- Humanism as a subject was first taught in Italian schools, colleges and universities. Italian people were made aware of humanist views and ideas.
- Universities were first of all developed here to spread education.
- A number of classical books were composed by Roman and Greek scholars.
Compare the Venetian idea of good government with those in contemporary France.
Venice was an Italian city. This city was free from the influence of the church and feudal lords. In Venice, bankers and rich merchants played a significant role while there was absolute monarchy in France. In France, common people were deprived of their rights.
What were the features of humanist thought?
Humanist thought laid stress on skills and ideas that were developed by individuals through debate and discussions. These revolutionary ideas attracted attention of many other universities particularly in the newly established university in Petrarch’s native town, Florence. The humanist thought increased dignity of human beings. Humanism embodied the mystical and aesthetic temper of a pre-scientific age. It laid stress on logic, natural science and metaphysics. It laid emphasis not only on intellectual learning, but also on physical and moral development. Humanism relied on flexible thinking. After Petrarch, the humanist philosophy spread first through Italy, then into other parts of Europe. Humanist thought was reflected in contemporary art and architecture. Petrarch represented conservative Italian humanism.
Humanism embodied the mystical and aesthetic temper of a pre-scientific age. The intellectuals of antiquity were relatively unconcerned about the supernatural world and the eternal destiny of the soul. They were mainly interested in a happy, adequate and efficient life on earth.
The leading intellectual trait of the era was the recovery of the secular and humane philosophy of Greece and Rome. The writings of Dante and particularly the doctrines of Petrarch and humanists like Machiavelli emphasized the virtues of intellectual freedom and individual expression. In the essays of Montaigne, the individualistic view of life received the most persuasive and eloquent statement in the history of literature and society. Leonardo daVinci’s ‘The Last Supper’, Mona Lisa, Michelangelo’s The Last Judgement, Fall of Man and Raphel’s Madonna were the important works.
Write a careful account of how the world appeared different to seventeenth century Europeans.
Renaissance movement brought about rational and scientific approach in the life of mankind. But the world appeared quite different. Scientists used the methods of experimentation, observation and new thoughts. It was just contrary to Christian beliefs.
Scientific discoveries of Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler and Isaac Newton brought about new changes in the world. The Italian scientist Galileo invented telescope. Newton gave the theory of gravitation. He systematized scientific valuations about the universe. Copernicus, tried to prove that the earth rotates round the sun. Marco Polo’s invention of the compass made voyage easier. The explorations of the sailors like Vasco da Gama, Columbus etc. led to discoveries of new lands. Their explorations revolutionized trade.
The invention of the printing press made books available to the people in various towns and cities. Rome, Florence and Venice became the centers of art and learning. Many artists, scholars and writers were patronized by the rich people in the cities and towns. Town became the center of art and learning activities. Thomas Moore’s “Utopia” ridiculed the malpractices of the contemporary society. On above basis, it can be said that the world appeared different to 17th century Europeans.
Benefits of NCERT Solution for Class 11
NCERT Solution for Class 11 contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solution for Class 11 encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solution For Class 11 are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 11 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solution for Class 11 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 11 and all other classes.