Class 9 English Chapter 6 Weathering The Storm In Ersama (moments)
Ncert solutions for class 9 English chapter 6 Weathering The Storm In Ersama (moments), (English) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students solve all of the questions and maintain their studies with out a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
Ncert solutions for class 9 English chapter 6 Weathering The Storm In Ersama (moments)
Q. 1. What havoc has the super cyclone wreaked in the life of the people of Orissa ?
Q. 2. How has Prashant , a teenager , been able to help the people of his village ?
Q. 3. How have the people of the community helped one another ? What role do the women of Kalikuda play during these days ?
Q. 4. Why do Prashant and other volunteers resist the plan to set up institutions for orphans and widows ? What alternatives do they consider ?
Q. 5. Do you think Prashant is a good leader ? Do you think young people can get together to help people during natural calamities ?
1. Strong winds and heavy rains accompanied the cyclone . The houses had been blown away . There was dirty water all over . People had lost their lives . The human bodies and the animal carcasses floated there . Children were orphaned . There was dearth of food for the people .
2. To begin with Prashant got hold of his own emotions . He made a temporary shelter using polythene for the orphaned children . He also started working towards providing food to the people , programme food – for – work that initiated by an NGO . He started conducting sports events for children .
3. The community people started helping each other . They put pressure on the merchants to arrange for rice for the people . A message was sent across to the military helicopters that the children were hungry by making them lie on the ground with empty utensils . Women were gathered together to look after the orphan children .
4. The idea of opening up an institution for the widows and children was resisted by Prashant as he felt that the women and children would spend their time in lonely atmosphere . He instead wanted to resettle them in a homely atmosphere . It was suggested that foster families would be arranged including childless widows and orphaned children .
5. Prashant had the qualities in him that could make a good leader . Inspite of the grief he could control his own emotions and made consolidated and practical efforts to tackle the situation and crisis .