Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Coal and Petroleum
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Coal And Petroleum, (Science) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students solve all of the questions and maintain their studies without a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated Solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Coal and Petroleum
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Coal and Petroleum
1. What are the advantages of using CNG and LPG as fuels?
The advantages of using CNG and LPG as fuels are as follows
- CNG and LPG burn easily.
- CNG and LPG give a lot of heat energy when burnt.
- CNG and LPG can be transported easily through pipelines.
- CNG and LPG are clean fuels and they do not release smoke when burnt.
2. Name the petroleum product used for surfacing of roads.
Bitumen is used for surfacing of roads.
3. Describe how coal is formed from dead vegetation. What is this process called?
Dense forests got buried under the soil due to natural processes, millions of years ago. More and more soil got deposited over them and they got compressed more. This led them to get exposed to very high temperature and pressure. They slowly got converted into coal under these extreme conditions. The whole process of formation of coal from dead vegetation is known as carbonization.
4. Fill in the blanks.
(a) Fossil fuels are ____________, ____________, and ____________ .
(b) Process of separation of different constituents from petroleum is called _____________ .
(c) Least polluting fuel for a vehicle is ______________ .
(a) Fossil fuels Coal, Petroleum, and natural gas.
(b) Process of separation of different constituents from petroleum is called refining.
(c) Least polluting fuel for a vehicle is Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
5. Tick True/False against the following statements.
(a) Fossil fuels can be made in the laboratory. (T/F)
(b) CNG is more polluting fuel than petrol. (T/F)
(c) Coke is the almost pure form of carbon. (T/F)
(d) Coal tar is a mixture of various substances. (T/F)
(e) Kerosene is not a fossil fuel. (T/F)
6. Explain why fossil fuels are exhaustible natural resources.
The process of formation of fossil fuels requires millions of years. Dead vegetation and animals that get buried deep inside the earth require high temperature and pressure for the formation of fossil fuels, which cannot be done in the laboratory. Thus, fossils are limited. Therefore, the use of fossil fuels at a rapid rate will lead to their exhaustion.
7. Describe the characteristics and uses of coke.
i) Coke is tough.
ii) Coke is porous.
iii) Coke is black in colour.
i) In the manufacture of steel.
ii) In the extraction of metals (as a reducing agent).
8. Explain the process of the formation of petroleum.
Dead organisms that got buried in the sea millions of years ago got covered with layers of sand and clay. Due to lack of air, high temperature and high pressure, these dead organisms got transformed into petroleum and natural gas.
9. The following table shows the total power shortage in India from 1993–1999. Show the data in the form of a graph. Plot shortage percentage for the years on the Y-axis and the year on the X-axis.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 8
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these Solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solutions For Class 8 are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the Solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 8 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT Solutions available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 8 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These Solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide Solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 8 and all other classes.