Class 8 Maths Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 16 Playing With Numbers, (Maths) exam are Students are taught thru NCERT books in some of state board and CBSE Schools. As the chapter involves an end, there is an exercise provided to assist students prepare for evaluation. Students need to clear up those exercises very well because the questions withinside the very last asked from those.
Sometimes, students get stuck withinside the exercises and are not able to clear up all of the questions. To assist students solve all of the questions and maintain their studies with out a doubt, we have provided step by step NCERT Solutions for the students for all classes. These answers will similarly help students in scoring better marks with the assist of properly illustrated Solutions as a way to similarly assist the students and answering the questions right.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers
Class 8 Maths Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers
Page No: 255
Find the values of the letters in each of the following and give reasons for the steps involved.
Say, A = 7 and we get,
7+5 = 12
In which one’s place is 2.
Therefore, A = 7
And putting 2 and carry over 1, we get
B = 6
Hence A = 7 and B = 6
If A = 5 and we get,
8+5 = 13 in which ones place is 3.
Therefore, A = 5 and carry over 1 then
B = 4 and C = 1
Hence, A = 5, B = 4 and C = 1
On putting A = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and so on and we get,
AxA = 6×6 = 36 in which ones place is 6.
Therefore, A = 6
Here, we observe that B = 5 so that 7+5 =12
Putting 2 at ones place and carry over 1 and A = 2, we get
Hence A = 2 and B =5
Here on putting B = 0, we get 0x3 = 0.
And A = 5, then 5×3 =15
A = 5 and C=1
Hence A = 5, B = 0 and C = 1
On putting B = 0, we get 0x5 = 0 and A = 5, then 5×5 =25
A = 5, C = 2
Hence A = 5, B = 0 and C =2
Here product of B and 6 must be same as ones place digit as B.
6×1 = 6, 6×2 = 12, 6×3 = 18, 6×4 =24
On putting B = 4, we get the ones digit 4 and remaining two B’s value should be 44.
Therefore, for 6×7 = 42+2 =44
Hence A = 7 and B = 4
On putting B = 9, we get 9+1 = 10
Putting 0 at ones place and carry over 1, we get for A = 7
Hence, A = 7 and B = 9
On putting B = 7, we get 7+1 =8
Now A = 4, then 4+7 =11
Putting 1 at tens place and carry over 1, we get
Hence, A = 4 and B = 7
Putting A = 8 and B = 1, we get
Now, again we add 2 + 8 =10
Tens place digit is ‘0’ and carry over 1. Now 1+6+1 = 8 =A
Hence A = 8 and B =1
Page No: 260
1. If 21y5 is a multiple of 9, where y is a digit, what is the value of y?
Suppose 21y5 is a multiple of 9.
Therefore, according to the divisibility rule of 9, the sum of all the digits should be a multiple of 9.
That is, 2+1+y+5 = 8+y
Therefore, 8+y is a factor of 9.
This is possible when 8+y is any one of these numbers 0, 9, 18, 27, and so on
However, since y is a single digit number, this sum can be 9 only.
Therefore, the value of y should be 1 only i.e. 8+y = 8+1 = 9.
2. If 31z5 is a multiple of 9, where z is a digit, what is the value of z? You will find that there are two answers for the last problem. Why is this so?
Since, 31z5 is a multiple of 9.
Therefore according to the divisibility rule of 9, the sum of all the digits should be a multiple of 9.
3+1+z+5 = 9+z
Therefore, 9+z is a multiple of 9
This is only possible when 9+z is any one of these numbers: 0, 9, 18, 27, and so on.
This implies, 9+0 = 9 and 9+9 = 18
Hence 0 and 9 are two possible answers.
3. If 24x is a multiple of 3, where x is a digit, what is the value of x?
(Since 24x is a multiple of 3, its sum of digits 6+x is a multiple of 3; so 6+x is one of these numbers: 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, … . But since x is a digit, it can only be that 6+x = 6 or 9 or 12 or 15. Therefore, x = 0 or 3 or 6 or 9. Thus, x can have any of four different values.)
Let’s say, 24x is a multiple of 3.
Then, according to the divisibility rule of 3, the sum of all the digits should be a multiple of 3.
2+4+x = 6+x
So, 6+x is a multiple of 3, and 6+x is one of these numbers: 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 and so on.
Since, x is a digit, the value of x will be either 0 or 3 or 6 or 9, and the sum of the digits can be 6 or 9 or 12 or 15 respectively.
Thus, x can have any of the four different values: 0 or 3 or 6 or 9.
4. If 31z5 is a multiple of 3, where z is a digit, what might be the values of z?
Since 31z5 is a multiple of 3.
Therefore according to the divisibility rule of 3, the sum of all the digits should be a multiple of 3.
That is, 3+1+z+5 = 9+z
Therefore, 9+z is a multiple of 3.
This is possible when the value of 9+z is any of the values: 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and so on.
At z = 0, 9+z = 9+0 = 9
At z = 3, 9+z = 9+3 = 12
At z = 6, 9+z = 9+6 = 15
At z = 9, 9+z = 9+9 = 18
The value of 9+z can be 9 or 12 or 15 or 18.
Hence 0, 3, 6 or 9 are four possible answers for z.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 8
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these Solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These NCERT Solutions For Class 8 are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the Solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 8 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT Solutions available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 8 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These Solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide Solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 8 and all other classes.