Class 10 Geography Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy
|1. Exercise Questions|
|2. Intext Questions|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy, in this step-by-step answer guide. In some of State Boards and CBSE schools, students are taught thru NCERT books. As the chapter comes to an end, students are requested few questions in an exercising to evaluate their expertise of the chapter. Students regularly want guidance managing those NCERT Solutions.
It’s most effective natural to get stuck withinside the exercises while solving them so that you can assist students score higher marks, we’ve provided step by step NCERT answers for all exercises of Class ten Social Science Lifelines Of National Economy so you can are looking for assist from them. Students should solve those exercises carefully as questions withinside the final exams are requested from those, so these exercises immediately have an impact on students’ final score. Find all NCERT Solutions for Class ten Social Science Lifelines Of National Economy below and prepare in your tests easily.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy
Class 10 Geography Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy
A. Multiple Choice Questions :
Q.1 . Which two of the following extreme locations are connected by the east – west corridor ?
( a ) Mumbai and Nagpur
( b ) Silchar and Porbandar
( c ) Mumbai and Kolkata
( d ) Nagpur and Siligudi
Ans . ( b ) Silchar and Porbandar .
Q.2 . Which mode of transportation reduces trans-shipment losses and delays ?
( a ) Railways
( b ) Roadways
( c ) Pipeline
( d ) Waterways
Ans . ( c ) Pipelines
Q. 3 . Which one of the following states is not connected with the H.V. J. pipeline ?
( a ) Madhya Pradesh
( b ) Maharashtra
( c ) Gujarat
( d ) Uttar Pradesh
Ans . ( b ) Maharashtra .
Q.4 . Which one of the following ports is the deepest land – locked and well – protected port along the east coast ?
( a ) Chennai
( b ) Paradip
( c ) Tuticorin
( d ) Vishakhapatnam .
Ans . ( b ) Paradip
Q 5 . Which one of the following is the most important modes of transportation in India ?
( a ) Pipeline
( b ) Railways
( c ) Roadways
( d ) Airways
Ans . ( b ) Railways
Q. 6. Which one of the following terms is used to describe trade between two or more countries ?
( a ) Internal trade
( b ) International trade
( c ) External trade
( d ) Local trade
Ans . ( b ) International trade
B. Answer the following questions in 30 words :
Q. 1. State any three merits of roadways .
Ans . The three merits of roadways are :
( a ) The construction cost of roads is much lower than that of railway lines and is much economical in transportation over short distances .
( b ) Roads can traverse comparatively on more dissected and undulating topography .
( c ) It provides door – to – door service .
Q. 2. Where and why is rail transport the most en convenient means of transportation ?
Ans . The northern plains with their vast level land , high population density and rich agricultural resources provide the most favourable and convenient means of transportation .
Q. 3 . What is the significance of the border roads ?
Ans . Border roads have improved accessibility in areas of difficult terrain and have helped in the economic development of these areas .
Q. 4 . What is meant by trade ? What is the difference between international and local trade .
Ans . The exchange of goods among people , states and countries is referred to as trade .
Trade between two countries is called international trade whereas local trade is amongst cities , towns and villages .
C. Answer the following questions in about 120 words :
Q.1 . Why are the means of transportation and communication called the lifelines of a nation and its economy ?
Ans . Transport and communication services are essential for a country . Its economic development , movement of people from one place to another , trade and commerce , food , supply of daily needs goods , milk , vegetables depend upon the efficient means of transportation . Similarly person to person exchange of information and knowledge , business deals all depend upon the efficient means of communication .
Q. 2 . Write a note on the changing nature of the international trade in the last fifteen years .
Ans . International trade has undergone a sea change in the last fifteen years . Exchange of commodities and goods have been superseded by the exchange of information and knowledge . India has emerged as a software giant at the international level and it is earning huge foreign exchange through the export of information technology , also machineries are imported so that the production can be increased and the resources can be used more efficiently .
Q.1 . Why is air travel preferred in the northeastern states ? [ Page no . 86 ]
Ans . Air travel has made the access easier in the north eastern states because the north – eastern part of the country is marked with the presence of big rivers like Brahmaputra , dissected reliefs , dense forests and frequent floods and also has the international frontiers etc.
Q.2 . Find out the names of the countries connected by Indian Airlines . [ Page no . 86 ]
Ans . The names of the countries connected by Indian Airlines are :
( i ) Nepal ( ii ) Bhutan
( iii ) Sri Lanka ( iv ) Singapore
( v ) Pakistan ( vi ) Bangladesh
( vii ) Malaysia ( viii ) UAE
( ix ) Qatar ( x ) Thailand
( xi ) Kuwait .
Activity ( Page no . 80 )
Q. 3. Find out places linked by the National Highway 2 and 3 .
Ans . Places linked by the National Highway – 2 :
( i ) Delhi – Faridabad – Ballabhgarh – Palwal – Kosi
( ii ) Mathura – Agra – Firozabad – Etawah – Kanpur – Allahabad
( iii ) Dobhi – Borachati – Chauparan Bagodar – Dumri – Govindpur Nirsa – Kulti – Asansol – Raniganj
( iv ) Varanasi – Chandauli – Mohania Sasaram – Aurangabad
( v ) Pandua – Chunehura – Harirampur – Kolkata
Places linked by the National Highway – 3 :
( i ) Agra Rajasthan border – Morena – Gwalior – Shivpuri Guna – Karanwas – Indore – Thikri – Sendhwa – Sangvi Dhule – Malgaon – Nasik – Bhiwandi – Thane – Mulund Mumbai .
Activity ( Page no . 82 )
Q. 4. Find out the current Railway zones and their head – quarters . Also locate the headquarters of Railway zones on the map of India .
Benefits of NCERT Solutions
- NCERT’s Class 10 solution contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 solutions encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These solutions are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 10 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 10 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 10 and all other classes.