Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 9 Madam Rides the Bus
|1. Textbook Questions
|2. Intext Questions ( Oral Comprehensive Check )
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 9 Madam Rides the Bus, in this step-by-step answer guide. In some of State Boards and CBSE schools, students are taught thru NCERT books. As the chapter comes to an end, students are requested few questions in an exercising to evaluate their expertise of the chapter. Students regularly want guidance managing those NCERT Solutions.
It’s most effective natural to get stuck withinside the exercises while solving them so that you can assist students score higher marks, we’ve provided step by step NCERT answers for all exercises of Class ten First Flight Madam Rides the Bus so you can be looking for assist from them. Students should solve those exercises carefully as questions withinside the final exams are requested from those, so these exercises immediately have an impact on students’ final score. Find all NCERT Solutions for Class ten First Flight Madam Rides the Bus below and prepare in your tests easily.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 9 Madam Rides the Bus
Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 9 Madam Rides the Bus
B. Thinking about the Text
1. What was Valli’s deepest desire ? Find the words and phrases in the story that tell you this .
Ans . It was the deepest desire of Valli to enjoy a bus ride . There ran a bus between her village and the nearest town . She was able to fulfil her desire . The following words and phrases tell us about this .
The fascinating things the sight of the bus , a source of unending joy , a tiny wish crept into her head , overwhelming desire , listening carefully , discreet questions and stop the bus , etc.
2. How did Valli plan her bus ride ? What did she find out about the bus and how did she save the fare ?
Ans . Valli was a Tamil girl of eight years . She had no playmates . It was her favourite pastime to stand on the front doorway of her house . She watched what was happening in the street outside . She had desire to have a bus ride . She listened to the conversations between her neighbours and people who were regular bus commuters . She even questioned them . She had got ample knowledge about the bus , bus fare and duration of time . There ran a bus between her village and the nearest town . The town was six miles from her village . The fare was thirty paise for one way . So she had to collect sixty paise for the both side journey . This she had heard from a well dressed person . The trip to the town took forty – five minutes . She would board at one O’clock afternoon bus and reach the town at one forty five . She would be back by about two forty five . She resisted all her temptations of buying balloons , toys and soon saved enough money . She collected all the stray coins that came her way . At the village fair she avoided the swing in the merry – go round . Thus , she collected her requisite money .
3. What kind of a person is Valli ? To answer this question , pick out the following sentences from the text and fill in the blanks . The words you fill in are the clues to your answer .
( i ) ” Stop the bus ! Stop the bus ! ” And a tiny hand was raised ………..
( ii ) Yes , I ………… go to town , ” said Valli , still standing outside the bus .
( iii ) There’s nobody here ………. ” she said haughtily . ” I’ve paid my thirty – paise like everyone else . “
( iv ) ” Never mind , ” she said , ” I can ………. You don’t have to help me , ” ” I’m not a child , I tell you , ” she said ………..
( v ) ” You needn’t bother about me . I ………… , Valli said , turning her face towards the window and staring out .
( vi ) Then she turned to the conductor and said : ” Well , sir , I hope ……….
Ans . ( i ) commandingly , ( ii ) simply have to , ( iii ) who’s a child , ( iv ) get on by myself , ( v ) can take care of myself , ( vi ) to see you again .
4. Why does the conductor refer to Valli as ‘ Madam ‘ ?
Ans . The conductor is a man of jolly nature . He has evaluated that the girl has innocence and ignorance in her behaviour . In order to enjoy a fun and not to make her unhappy , he calls Valli as ‘ Madam ‘ though she is simply a girl of eight years only .
5. Find the lines in the text which tell you that Valli was enjoying her ride on the bus .
Ans . The following lines in the text tell us that Valli was enjoying her ride on the bus .
( i ) While the bus was moving on a narrow road along the bank of a canal , she saw distant mountains , fields , sky and so on . She went on seeing as far as her eyes could see . She uttered , ” Oh , it was all so wonderful . “
( ii ) The bus was rolling on cutting across a bare landscape and was gobbling – up another vehicle . The bus left everything safely , Valli suddenly clapped her hands with glee ,
( iii ) There came a cow , it ran faster at the horn and came right before the bus . This scene made her laugh until there were tears in her eyes .
The conductor said , ‘ Hey lady , better save some for tomorrow .
( iv ) The bus passed the shopping street . There were displays of clothes and other merchandise ! Such big crowds !
Struck dumb with wonder , Valli gaped at everything .
6. Why does Valli refuse to look out of the window on her way back ?
Ans . While on her way back , Valli saw a young cow lying dead by the roadside . It looked horrible and frightening , There was a fixed stare in her lifeless eyes with blood all over . Its memory haunted her very much . She lost all her enthusiasm and excitement . She no longer wanted to look out of the window .
Write a page – about three paragraphs on one of the following topics :
( 1 ) Have you ever planned something entirely on your own , without taking grown – ups into your confidence ? What did you plan , and how did you carry out your plan ?
( 2 ) Have you made a journey that was unforgettable in some way ? What made it memorable ?
( 3 ) Are you concerned about traffic , and road safety ? What are your concerns ? How would you make road travel safer and more enjoyable ?
Ans . About these three topics , we can discuss topic number 2. It is about a journey which will remain fresh till there are breaths left with me .
2. An Unforgettable Journey
Dr. R. K. Mittal
The incident goes back to the year 2000 , when all the members of my family were returning back after worshipping the shrine of Vaishno Devi . We were accompanied by two other families from our neighbourhood . The Jammu Mail started well in time from Jammu . Everyone was in high spirits . All were happy to have a decent trip . On the way we enjoyed with song titbits and other amusing materials .
It was 8.00 a.m. when the train passed Jalandhar , there we heard the rattling and roaring . In no time , the train stopped with a sudden and rapid jerk . Many passengers fell from their upper berths . There were wailings , cries and stampede every where . The passengers were jumping from the compartment to save themselves . All were in a very odd as well as tartalising situation . There was no alternative left with the people . We too got down from the train and came in the open . On having a close look at the train , we saw eight bogies were derailed with their wheels in the concrete and the small pebbles . On further enquiry it was found that the track was damaged . Near about one full length of the rail measuring seven metres was not there .
All left the place . Ambulance and police arrived in no time . The railway officials and the nearby villagers came running to help the passengers . It was a heart – rending scene . Small children along with their mothers were weeping bitterly . But God be thanked that there was no loss of life ! A few passengers got slight injuries otherwise all were okay . Whenever I enjoy a long journey , I immediately think of journey by Jammu Mail .
A. Oral Comprehension Check
( PAGE 119 )
1. What was Valli’s favourite pastime ?
Ans . Valli was a Tamil girl . She had no playmates . It was her favourite pastime to stand in the doorway of her house Thus , she was able to watch all that was going on there . In this way she had attained many unusual experiences .
2. What was the source of unending joy for Valli ? What was her strongest desire ?
Ans . Valli was deeply attracted towards the bus . She had the strongest desire to ride in it . It travelled between her village and the nearest town at an interval of an hour . The sight of the bus and the passengers had been the source of unending joy for her .
Benefits of NCERT Solutions
NCERT’s Class 10 solution contains extremely important points, and for each chapter, each concept has been simplified to make it easier to remember and increase your chances of achieving excellent exam results. Exam Preparation References Here are some tips on how these solutions can help you prepare for the exam.
- This helps students solve many of the problems in each chapter and encourages them to make their concepts more meaningful.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 solutions encourage you to update your knowledge and refine your concepts so that you can get good results in the exam.
- These solutions are the best exam materials, allowing you to learn more about your week and your strengths. To get good results in the exam, it is important to overcome your weaknesses.
- Most of the questions in the exam are formulated in a similar way to NCERT textbooks. Therefore, students should review the solutions in each chapter in order to better understand the topic.
- It is free of cost.
Tips & Strategies for Class 10 Exam Preparation
- Plan your course and syllabus and make time for revision
- Please refer to the NCERT solution available on the cbsestudyguru website to clarify your concepts every time you prepare for the exam.
- Use the cbsestudyguru learning app to start learning to successfully pass the exam. Provide complete teaching materials, including resolved and unresolved tasks.
- It is important to clear all your doubts before the exam with your teachers or Alex (an Al study Bot).
- When you read or study a chapter, write down algorithm formulas, theorems, etc., and review them quickly before the exam.
- Practice an ample number of question papers to make your concepts stronger.
- Take rest and a proper meal. Don’t stress too much.
Why opt for cbsestudyguru NCERT Solutions for Class 10 ?
- cbsestudyguru provide NCERT Solutions for all subjects at your fingertips.
- These solutions are designed by subject matter experts and provide solutions to every NCERT textbook questions.
- cbsestudyguru especially focuses on making learning interactive, effective and for all classes.
- We provide free NCERT Solutions for class 10 and all other classes.